The perfect choice for the Optimist. The BLACKMAX spar set contains:
- BLACKGOLD Optimist mast (EX900)
- BLACKMAX 55 mm Optimist boom (EX955)
- BLACKMAX 29 mm Optimist sprit (EX965)
- Supplied with rigging pack (EX13591)
Due to the specifications, there is no equal to the Optiparts BLACKGOLD™ spar sets. Two 45 microns Black hard anodized 7075 Optimist masts, a choice of three black anodized Optimist booms and three black anodized 7075 Optimist sprits.
All black fittings, hard anodized cleats, a black sprit chafe guard, captive eye straps on the boom, a halyard cleat with becket. Zero stretch, zero creep, black, Vectran line package, Harken ball bearing halyard blocks and pure Dyneema spliced halyards.
We offer a choice of three booms:
- 40 mm BLACKGOLD™ MEDIUM Optimist boom (EX940). A stiff and lightweight Optimist boom which is suitable for the majority of sailors.
- 45 mm BLACKGOLD™ POWER Optimist boom (EX945). A stiffer Optimist boom to keep more tension on the leech for the heavier sailor. The smaller bridle gives more space when tacking.
- 55 mm BLACKMAX™ Optimist boom (EX955). This ultra stiff and yet lightweight Optimist boom can be used without a bridle. This enables the larger sailor to land further forward when tacking.
All Optimist booms from Optiparts are made from high grade, tempered tube. Fitted with captive eye straps, black nylon in- and outboard end fittings, nylon outhaul cleat, outhaul trim gauge, 4 mm Vectran outhaul and a Dyneema bridle and vang.
The Optimist 29 mm Blackmax racing sprit is 19% stiffer compared to the 27 mm Blackgold sprit. It gives more control over the leech of the sail and is especially recommended for sailors over 45 kg.
The ultra stiff (and yet lightweight) boom can be used without a bridle. This enables the larger sailor to jump across the boat and not too far aft while tacking.